Disney-comics digest #571.

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Thu Feb 2 17:09:13 CET 1995

On Thu, 2 Feb 1995, DAVID.A.GERSTEIN wrote:
> We should really have an "en-gb" line in our interlingual file, because
> some characters are really called different things in Britain.
> Gyro's Helper, for example, is named Filament!

Well, I have been considering the issue. The one problem, however, is
that if you wanted to use my simple but functional "extract" utility for
the en-gb category, you would either have to copy all names that do not
differ (ie have one en-gb and one en-us (and maybe one en-au) category in
the list) or make some very ugly fix in the program itself.

Again, this may be totally unnecessary since the /#"@&$ program does not
work anyway. It seems my list has grown so large that it somehow screws
up memory management. Perhaps that could be solved simply by using
another method of compilation (or another compiler) but I do not have the
time or energy to do even that.

Anyway, I think that the few existing differences can simply be put in
bracketed comments for the time being.

  /F