various

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Tue Feb 7 01:05:55 CET 1995

HARRY:
>Still too much?

Anything more than 80 characters is to much... It could be convenient for
a computer with lines of more than 80 characters, but it makes it difficult
to read (fast) for a human.

>I must be missing a joke about my bad English.

Eh, not exactly that... It just sounded a bit funny that it was re-arranged
(and butchered) once, and then re-arranged again, instead of just using the
original version.
I didn't mean to make jokes about anyone's language. I'm probably the last
one who should do that...

> 71-45b    4       DD    En tr|ttsam s|mnkur [ap:FE] [D-coded?]

I remember a story which could fit that title, but I don't think it's D-coded,
but rather T-coded. Donald have problems falling asleep, and calls up Fethry
to ask him if he knows a simple cure. Instead of just answering, Fethry comes
over to Donald's house. In the last panel, we see a part of the city, from
above, where Donald is chasing Fethry around.

DAVID:
>The reason for the delay is that I'm waiting for an issue good enough to
>satisfy you guys...

No need to hurry. I've already got two...

>If you can talk to Stefan Printz-Pahlson...

Now that you mention him -- what is he doing except for writing scripts?
Is he Swedish or Danish?

Now I should fix a couple of mistakes I've made in earlier letters.

Me, to Don:
>BTW: If you were ever looking for gags that were _really_ lost in foreign
>translations of your stories, there is a "good" one at the end of the
>Norwegian version of "Cash flow": (something like)
>     "How can Anton do it in the comic business?"

This should have been "Nobody's Business", not "Cash Flow".

Me:
>Fethry's first appearance in Norway was in 1963, BTW.

That should have been 1965.

   Jorgen