Hello

Paul Benjamin pwb at sunquest.com
Wed Feb 8 00:12:39 CET 1995

Hi.  I subscribed to this list last week and have been reading the
mailings with great interest.  I have looked at the material on the
ftp server and perused Per's web pages.  I feel much the way I did
some years ago when I first discovered the Carl Barks Library and
realized that I was not alone in my strange obessesion with ducks.
I feel a bit humbled to be listening to discussions that include the
likes of Don Rosa.

Anyway, I wanted to ask some questions that I hope are not so basic
that they are irritating.  As backgound, I have been sort of a
casual Uncle Scrooge fanatic all of my life.  I have never passed
a newsstand that contained a new US comic in my life without buying
it, if I had the money.  I own a couple of the 3-book boxed CBL sets.
I would like to have a complete set of both the CBL books and the
comics but I doubt that I will ever get there.  I have a framed Scrooge
poster on the wall in my office (Scrooge with Indian headdress fanning
flames yielding a smoke signal dollar sign).  When I set up a unix
server at my last job it was named duckburg and the workstations that
I configured became huey, dewey and louie.  Tomorrow we install a
new RS/6000 which will become duckburg.sunquest.com.  Still I don't
always have time to keep up with what is going on.  I am fairly clear
on the history up until a couple of years ago.  I knew about Gladstone
comics and then the Disney venture.  The last Uncle Scrooge I found
(#281?) had the Marvel symbol on the cover but a familiar Money Bin
column from Gladstone.  I haven't stumbled across any new issues in
a long time.  From one of the articles I read yesterday I inferred that
Marvel was still publishing but perhaps without any Gladstone involve-
ment?  Are Don Rosa and Bill van Horn still producing Scrooge art
somewhere?  And what about the European output that I learned of from
the Gladstone issues?  Are they produced in English?  Are they available
in the states?  What is Gladstone doing these days?  Etc.

Thanks
--
Paul Benjamin                                      Phone: (602) 733-6427
Sunquest Information Systems                       Fax:   (602) 733-6615
4801 East Broadway Blvd.                           pwb at sunquest.com
Tucson, Arizona 85715     **Area Code Changes to (520) on March 19**