DD&Co #7

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Wed Feb 15 22:52:24 CET 1995

ME:
>Next week comes Extra issue #2 this year. It's celebrating Black Pete's
>70th birtday. I didn't know he was older than Mickey.

PAULO:
>Me, either.  By the way... how come?

Here comes the explanation. Hjemmet managed to do their biggest blunder for
years, although the number '70', which was presented in the last issue, and
also on a lot of big posters all over the country actually is correct.

Donald Duck & Co #7 1995
------------------------

- Front cover (D11725) shows Donald going down a hill on skies which form
after the landscape. Gyro is standing on the side watching.

- Donald Duck (D93296, 10 pages). Art by Vicar.
Donald takes part in a fishing contest (again). This time it's enough to
show a picture of the fish. It can be caught anywhere in the world. Donald
goes to fish a "balluba" in the Lumbago river in N'Tali. The favorite in the
contest tries to sabotage it.
Not so bad, really.

- Mickey Mouse (D93236, 5 pages). Art by Esteban.
It's winter. Mickey finds a lot of tracks in the snow heading against each
house in the neighborhood. He tracks it down to find the crook, and finds --
a post office.
A pure gag story. I don't think I will remember it for a very long time...

- Madam Mim (D91301, 8 pages). Art by Millet.
Mim is taking part in a cooking contest for witches. Accidentally she makes
her cookbook disappear. It suddenly show up in the Beagle Boys' house. One
of them tries it, with bad results. At last they end up in Mim's cake in the
contest.
The idea might not be so bad, but the story is boring.

- Uncle Scrooge (D92206, 7+ pages). William van Horn.
Second part of the story. HDL finds out by themselves who Mr. X is. Only
one person is talented enough to beat Scrooge McDuck -- Scrooge McDuck.
After this they try to find out which company is the next to be taken over
by Mr. X, to find US. They find him, but Mr. X does not want to meet them.
The main story is quite good, but I think there are too few details to back
it up.

- Pluto (KF 7.28.40, one page).

Extra issue #2 1995
-------------------

This issue is celebrating Black Pete's 70th birthday -- or the 60th?

On the front cover of the magazine there is a drawing, by Esteban, of
Black Pete pointing at Mickey, who's standing in front of him. Below is
the text "Black Pete 60 years old!".

The "explanation" is on the back cover of the magazine, in one of the most
stupid articles I've ever seen. It says that Pete is 60 years old on 15.
april (today). Then it says that his first appearance was 15. february
1925. Then the appearance in 1928 is mentioned. There is also a panel
from a story from 1933. In addition there are mentioned a few stories from
the sixties. This is the usual, meaningless, kind of stuff they use to
put into their "articles".

Anyway, somebody is not very good in calculating.

It's not as bad as in 1973, though, when they managed to put a couple of
Mickey ears, and the text "1923 - 1973" on the front cover of several
issues.

Ah, the contents.

- Mickey Mouse (WR/WDC 182-184, 24 pages). Paul Murry.
I always wondered especially about one detail in this story when I was a
child (when I was a younger child...). On the third page the magnet in the
suitcase is stopping the car, but the man isn't pushed forward. Verry
beculiar, proffesors (I played a lot with magnets at that time).

- Mickey Mouse (93265, 10 pages).
Mickey and Goofy are the trainers of a very good horse. It has just won a
contest. To celebrate it, they dress like a horse. Black Pete will steal the
horse, but his helper takes Mickey and Goofy (in the horse suit) instead.
Pete puts Goofy between to moving millstones and tells Mickey he'll move
them closer together until Mickey comes with the horse. Mickey does so.
Then a secret message to the owner makes the police come.
The story isn't bad. I like the idea with the millstones. That makes Pete a
real evil crook, like he should be.

   Jorgen