DD&Co #8

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Wed Feb 22 18:13:01 CET 1995

Donald Duck & Co #8 1995
------------------------

This issue is dedicated to witches and nasty things. The "junk" coming
with it is a big spider made of plastic. Very cute.

- Front cover (D-11729) shows Donald in 313. It's very cold. The front
of the car is wrapped in warm clothes.

- Uncle Scrooge (D93401, 12 pages). Art by Vicar.
Just another story where US is confronted by an old letter which says he
owes all his fortune to somebody if not... And the villain is of course
following Scrooge to sabotage everything. The only "new" thing about it
is that the villain is a bit unlucky with his sabotaging.
I can't say the story is stupid, because it isn't -- but the idea should
diserve to be retired now.
There is one stupid thing in it though. The villain disguises himself as
a big bear, and is then attacked (or being played with) by a small bear
cub. A bear cub would certainly avoid a big male bear (and the big male
bear should avoid it's mother...).

- The Big Bad Wolf (D93298, 6 pages). Art by Ramos.
The wolf gets another wolf who is a magician to entertain the pigs and
the Li'l Bad Wolf in the latter's birtday party. Zeke is going away, or
so he says. The two wolfs are, of course, working together to catch the
pigs, and, thanks to the Li'l Bad Wolf, they are rescued.
Better than most new wolf stories, but...

- Donald Duck (H9111, 4 pages).
The JWW are collecting money, and HDL are building a small basin into
which one of them is falling if a plate is hit by a ball. Donald rebuilds
it a little bit to make him decide when the boy is falling into. Then
people will try again infinetely, he thinks. A man finds out what he's
doing. Guess who is falling in the water after that :)
A good little story.

- Goofy (D92304, 7 pages). Art by Esteban.
Goofy is trying to win a contest by making a movie about skiing. Horace
is handling the camera (Goofy pays all the expences, and Harace gets 75%
of the prize...). Goofy is, well -- goofy, so the movie ends up to be
showed in a comic program.
This story is actually good.

- Uncle Scrooge (D92206, 7+ pages, total 22 pages). William van Horn.
I said I liked that van Horn slowed down a bit, but... this is veeery
slow. The end gag is good.

- Donald Duck (KF 7.22.45, one page). Al Taliaferro.

There is an article about witches. Just the usual (mostly) pointless
stuff. Two things should be commented though, because I don't like them.
1) Mad Madam Mim is called "a real Disney witch". Opposed to what?
2) The unnamed evil witch living in the forest is called "The Snowwhite
   witch". Well, she is the witch from the Snowwhite movie, but she's
   never called "The Snowwhite witch".

   Jorgen