Disney-comics digest #557.

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 10:18:59 CET 1995

      Hi, Folks.

      Gotta make this VERY brief due to schoolwork pressures.  But
here's news for you:

      Noel Van Horn isn't through with my first MM story ("Digging Up
Trouble", a mountaineering adventure on Mount Fishflake for Mickey
and Horace), but he did send Egmont copies of his finished pencils
for the story, which I was then given a set of as well.
      Since the hypnotism story of late last year (which we liked the
art on, anyway) he has improved a hundredfold from even that.  Mickey
is bursting with such energy and enthusiasm (not to mention wearing
his old shorts) that he nearly leaps off the page with personality
and inventiveness.  Horace looks great, too, and the backgrounds are
full of lush detail and magnificent scenery.  It's sort of like Carl
Barks inking Floyd Gottfredson.
      In short:  WAIT 'TIL YOU SEE THIS ONE, FOLKS.  THIS IS A REAL
MICKEY STORY!

      Oh, yeah.  Last night I also began my first Duck story of the
year.  I obtained permission to use Moe in my stories, this one
happens to include him, and I need someone, if they could, to send me
a few Xerox-copied pages of some other story with Moe just so I'll
have a way to show Egmont how to draw him.  Any Moe fans out there
willing to give me a hand?  I can send something in exchange.
      DON:  No need to worry.  This story will be firmly in the Barks
tradition.  I'd never do anything otherwise (well, okay, I guess I've
sinned enough by mentioning that I WOULD pair DD and MM now and
then.  >Sigh!<).

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>