Gladstone/Marvel

August DeBlieck ADEBLIEC at drew.edu
Thu Jan 19 18:06:19 CET 1995

                                        Date:     19-Jan-1995 12:02pm EST
                                        From:     DeBlieck, August
                                                  ADEBLIEC
                                        Dept:     STUDENT
                                        Tel No:

TO:  Remote INTERNET Address              ( _IN%DISNEY-COMICS at MINSK.DOCS.UU.SE )

Subject: Gladstone/Marvel

OK, so we've covered the fact that Heroes World (an Eastern comic book
distributor in America) was recenly purchased by Marvel, sending
shockwaves out through the industry.

I just received the new Comics Buyer's Guide in my mailbox about twenty
minutes ago to find this quote about the situation direct from Bruce
Hamilton's mouth:

"Marvel recently cancelled its contract to buy the traditional Disney
comics from Gladstone for newsstand distribution, so now we have no direct
dealings with Marvel."

There you have it folks.

-Augie De Blieck Jr.

P.S.  I apologize about that damned header that shows up every time I
contribute something, but I haven't an idea as to how to get rid of it.