Per, Pertinence & Impertinence

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Jul 12 11:21:02 CEST 1995

PER:

    While I thoroughly agree that the "official list of Disney features" is way
off topic on this list, and if unchecked liable to cause major clutter around
here, I still have to ask you, as the list-admin if you really mean that we
cannot talk about *anything* but Disney *comics* here?

IMO we should certainly point outsiders and newbies towards pertinent sites
rather than try to answer their off-topic questions, but it seems to me that if
we (meaning the "core group" -- if I may use the term -- of this list) limit
ourselves to *that* extent we'd stand to lose more than we'd gain.

It is M decided O that the various off-topic discussions I've seen and/or
participated on on this list -- films/books/social/general -- since I joined
two years ago have considerably enriched my list-experience and electronic
contact with friends, aquintancies and e-chums. In my experience we have
rarely strayed to far, nor generally wasted bandwidth in any real sense.

I think I understand the reasons for your bud-nipping; I'd just like you to
elucidate somewhat on the above issues from your official list-admin
position/POV.

All my best

Mattias

**** Mattias Hallin ** Lund * Sweden ** <Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se> ****
*               "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!              *
**************       A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"      *************