Disney-comics digest #720.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Wed Jul 12 23:14:59 CEST 1995

CAREY:
>Actually, finding certain comic book titles that you have spent weeks
>or years searching for, and only dreamed of finding, can be anything but
>boring!  It's more like finding Treasure!

	Oh come on! It sounds just as boring as looking for a receipt from a
dusty storage-room or how did Donald say it in Lo$ #12? I mean sure it's a
great pleasure for yourself when you find the only comic-book missing from
your collection, but to an outsider a single photo of you finding some old
issue of Uncle Scrooge in a secod-hand book-store has not such a thrilling
satisfaction as it would have had to you the moment you found it. And the
problem with Finnish books and comics is that they are generally bad. Very
bad. (don't quote that)

>Haven't you ever stumbled on a box of some ancient back-issues that you
>had only heard of, and had long coveted and sought?  Haven't you ever
>had dreams of finding a collection of old, and perhaps impossibly
>unknown "Uncle Scrooge's" in some cluttered bookstore, and to your dismay
>found them missing from your grasp on wakening?

	Oh, you make it sound such an adventure! But it's everything but
that when roaming through old magazines in order to find just the magazine
that has an article about Don Rosa in it or travelling from one book shop
to another trying to find a one that sells ElfQuest! It is quite frustrating
imho.

>Just as it would be a moving, uplifting cover that could bring the excitment
>of found treasure to life.

	Well, I have to disagree with you in that. Again. Come on! The
greatest adventurer of all world and richest man on this very Earth finds
some Finnish books and considers them as a treasure! What the !"#I%& for
would somebody as wealthy as him want to come up with some Finnish trashy
novels?!

	Phew... Sorry for yelling, but I consider the idea of such a cover
quite inappropriate as being the very first done spesifically for Finland.

LUCKY:
	Your signature might be less disturbing if it was less long. (don't
comment on mine, please :)

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie