Disney-comics digest #721.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Thu Jul 13 22:05:29 CEST 1995

DON:
	Well, I guess I could accept your explanation on the cover idea...<g>
	The bound volume of 1953 Aku Ankka issues is btw, not of the first
year (that being 1951) but the collection most lately published.
	Do you have any new information about that Finland trip of yours? And
I have asked this a million times but I have to ask this again (since my mother
'cleaned' up my room and threw all my comic-books in the same place): The
Aku Ankka issues you want are all that came out before January 1st, 1995 and
have articles on or stories of Don Rosa, right?
	And the story set in Finland is completely out of the question then,
is it? (or was saying that just an instruction given to you by the editors?-)

>Or nobody has thought about using such an objection to get their
>publicity (usually the case), so DON'T give 'em the idea.

	Sorry... I won't.

	Btw, I just remembered that in the recent Aku Ankka issue where "Of
Ducks and Dimes and Destinies" was published, it said "A fresh sample of Don
Rosa's style" in the first page. Also now when I got into re-reading it,
the chest in Magica's place has a flaw: The shadowed side of its upper
part looks different than the other side.
	All the following I wrote here once, but never got answered. So, I'll
just re-write them and if you don't want to re-read them, skip the following.
The magic candle was shortening two times quicker than it should've had. This
was probably just made cause it looked nice, but when Magica went to cafe, the
candle was almost out even though it should've been on the half way. How come
Scrooge's father didn't see Magica in Lo$#1? Was this because Magica messed
the space-time-continuum in Lo$#0? The behaviour of Johnny D.'s father is
great. The translators had also done very well with his over-exaggerated
American accent. What color of hair did Scrooge have when he was ten? See,
in Finland his hair was brown, but in Germany it was changed between yellow
and white and in one panel even light blue! Well, the story was great anyway.

ALL professional comic-makers and skilled amateurs:

	What am I supposed to put in my comic-scripts besides the speech and
such? Instructions for the drawer? How am I supposed to do that? How do I
know when a story is "good enough"? What do I do when I read "On Silver
Platter" by Don Rosa and notice it's way better than any stories of mine could
ever be? Do they publish practically anything? Is it possible to make money
with this?

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie