Disney-comics digest #722.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Fri Jul 14 22:19:44 CEST 1995

DANIEL:
>Welkom in deze fraaie Disney-club! (But let's talk further in

	"Welcome to this ?????? Disney-club"? What does 'fraaie' mean?
	And I don't even speak Dutch!

>Hmm, I don't think I can agree with that. Writing "fictional" stories
>doesn't mean you also can write *bad* stories. I agree that everything

	RIght. Many people seem to confuse the words "super-natural" and
"illogical" these days. Just because anything can happen, doesn't mean that
it shouldn't have a logical explanation. A girl from my school class wrote
a fictional essay about a "House of Horrors". A cut from the story: "In the
room she saw only a made bed and a small table next to it. And on the bed
was an apple. When she looked at the apple it begun to age and rot noticably.
It's peel dried and inside the apple came worms." And so on. I made a notice
that the story was rather illogical, because the apple should've been on the
table rather than on the bed (there were many other small details that bugged
me). And teacher turned at me and said: "Mikko! This story was supposed to
be fictious! Didn't you understand that? I can't believe you saying that!
You're the one in this class always making stories with magic and little
elves!" There is nothing supernatural about having an apple on the bed! If it
had been on the table and then rotten, that would've been all different! In
my fictious stories things are either very logical or completely absurdly
super-natural! That's the way it should be. No sailors making statues out
of wood in a desert island in logical stories!

HARRY:
>I agree that "Horsing around" is not a very good story. But the "Message for
>Venus" story is much worse, for instance.

	Umm... What was "Message for Venus" like? Is it the one with giant
people living there and the ducks move the big Earth guy there too?

>I don't like the Beagle Boys having personalities! In the old Barks stories,
>they are very much alike.

	The hell with Barks! (I didn't mean it) Barks wasn't an individualist.
I am. I think they should have personalities. I find it very disturbing even
seeing two brothers, one four and the other one six years old and both having
clothes that look exactly the same! And some grandmas come there and say:
"Ohhh... So cute!" I hated it when they did that to me! And anyway, I think
Barks gave (or tried to give) the Beagleboys some personalities: He had a one
who was very fond of prunes. And in an other story all the BB have different
skills and education.

	Thanks for the English words. And sorry if I lost my temper there, but
I _really_ think everyone is different.

	"Ook welkom namens mij"? Be welcome XXXXXX of mine?

WES:
	If you want, I could mail you a Scrooge piggy-bank that has Scrooge
sitting angrily on a treasure-chest. It's an advertisement for a bank and
thus free.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie