Architext wants to archive this mailing list

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Mon Jul 17 16:38:44 CEST 1995

Hi,

I would also prefer not to have the list included in Architext's archive.
But can we really stop it? If someone wants to, I don't think it would be
illegal to copy all the articles and publish them somewhere. Aren't they
already defined as published as soon as we send them to the list? Or are
they private since the list access is controlled by Per?

I guess you have 3 options, Per:

1. Let them add us to their archives. In case you do that, you should inform
the list, of course. My guess is it will take away some of the personal tone
in this forum.

2. Don't let them add us to their archives (ie. refuse to subscribe
Architext). That way we can still _hope_  (if that's what we want) noone
will publish the messages anywhere.

3. Call for a vote of all the list members. You can have mine right away: NO.

BTW, the Norwegian National Library already archives _all_ news groups
available in Norway, for future research purposes! This is not quite the
same, though, since most news groups _are_ public information (anyone can
read them), without doubt and since the archives are not available to anyone
(I think).

Knut Hunstad
SINTEF Highway Engineering
Trondheim, Norway

"Don't torture yourself, darling! That's _my_ job!"