Disney-comics digest #726.

Bob Wright ARCHIMEDES at delphi.com
Thu Jul 20 06:20:18 CEST 1995

On 17-JUL-1995 19:37:14.0 disney-comics said to ARCHIMEDES
DANIEL:   Thanks  for  the  pointer  to the changed panel in the Marco Polo
story.  I noticed it remained original in US 134 dated 11/76.
   >Reading "Marco Polo" makes me ask how that story even got published
   >back in 1966 and 1976. This story is like watching news about war on
   >televsion... how did this story got past Western's desk?
        I thought the story was quite humorous when it was first printed in
'66, especially the line about "watches from the workers' paradise".  As  I
recall,  the story was similar to a lot of satire being published about the
war at the  time  by  the  liberal  press.   Perhaps  it  wasn't  all  that
conspicuous and got by the editor's desk smoothly.

{       Bob Wright       }
{ archimedes at delphi.com  }