My Egmont references on WWW with permission

9475609@arran.sms.ed.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 1 22:10:08 CEST 1995

      That's right... With permission from Stefan Printz-Pahlson at
Egmont, I have made a few of the new Egmont documents available on our
WWW page.  Just the ones I've written.  They are posted at this site
with the agreement that they are NOT to be published or distributed in
any other way.  They are copyrighted Egmont property, and are mainly
here as a reference for our Egmont contingent (you there, folks?) but
everyone can probably profit from them.
      _The Donald Duck Universe Guide_ and _The Mickey Mouse Universe
Guide_ are Egmont's official versions for now.  Both of these are
l-o-n-g guides listing all the places and characters, major and minor,
in most Barks/Rosa Duck stories and Gottfredson Mickey stories
(excepting some of the later Bill Walsh-written ones).  It works like
this:  Let's say you're writing a story set in a certain region (the
wilderness, for example) and you'd like to make it "canonical" with
references to, or characters from, old stories.  Just look in the guide
and BING!  You'll learn about your main character's experiences in the
region and who he/she knows there.
      _The Mickey Mouse Universe Guide Part 2:  Character Humor
Mechanics and Relationships_ has not yet been edited at Egmont and may
not be for a while, but I got permission to post this tentative version.
The same goes for the character guide to Butch (which Egmont must agree
with most of, because I've characterized Butch just this way in my new
stories).
      You can find all this stuff at:
      http://www.update.uu.se/~starback/disney-comics
      No matter what I've been told now, if Egmont begins to object to
what I'm putting up on WWW for any reason, it's gonna get yanked, folks,
so enjoy it while you can.  I'm not about to cause myself to get fired.

MIKE:
>And with the article there is a picture of Lo$ story where Scrooge
>gets angry in Africa and has all sorts of wild animals around him.
>There is a text under it saying: "Dynamy of Rosa's graphics. Can you
>find Mickey?" It took me weeks to notice the little Mickey under the
>elephants foot.
And it took Disney-Burbank just seconds... >sigh<  In American US 290,
the bottom of that elephant's foot looks like... well, the bottom of an
elephant's foot.

PAULO:
>Beagle Boys successfully rob the entire money bin, $crooge dies, ...
Wak!  I hope those two incidents aren't connected.  What I like about
the Beagle Boys is that they're remarkably friendly for villains.
They're likeable villains, even when they get mean (as in US 7 and 8,
which I have a hunch was an experiment because they're never such
"traditional" villains anywhere else).  They're "The Terrible Beagle
Boys," but they only pose a threat to Scrooge's MONEY.  They wouldn't
kill SCROOGE, because they'd rather enjoy having him shine their shoes
once they've defeated him.  Did you really have the Beagle Boys kill
Scrooge to get his money?
>Daisy ... has an accident/aborts future egg
That shouldn't be hard to do.  Scrambled, or sunny side up?  ;-)

David Gerstein
<9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>