Disney-comics digest #681.

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Fri Jun 2 10:14:37 CEST 1995

Some mail program (or person) at "kuma.web.net" re-sent my old
message "Rosa in Germany" yesterday. So don't think I'm getting
senile (I'm 33 years and one week old), sending messages twice...

Donald's parents
----------------
Donald's father and mother appear in chapter 10 of Don Rosa's "Life and Times
of Scrooge McDuck". This chapter will be in an Uncle Scrooge comic in the
USA in a few months.

I guess both are dead by now ("now" being somewhere in the mid-50s). So
one could call Donald an orphan.

Scrooge's death
---------------
Danny asked:
> Why do you think Scrooge died in 1967 or whenever it was?

Don Rosa has Scrooge born in 1867. So he can't be living way after 1967,
or he would be very old. BTW: Don once made a drawing for a fanzine
(so _not_ for the regular comics) where Donald, Daisy and the nephews
(looking quite older) are standing near Scrooge's grave. The grave stone
says "1867 - 1967, Fortuna favet fortibus".

This is, of course, Don Rosa's view on the Duck-world. Everyone's free
to think Scrooge is still alive today!

Meeting Barks

Answers to Knut
---------------
"The Land of the Totem Poles".
Donald might just have tried to swim home...
Lieutenant.
Yes, ODaDaD.

About "The Flying Dutchman":
How did they translate the gag about Scrooge knowing Dutch? ("I learned
it when I was selling wind to the wind millers along the Zuyder Zee")

The End
-------
I will not be seeing my e-mail again before june 13. I will also miss
this list!

--Harry.