HDL's father

KERSTIN S.DERBAUM vd.pol2 at memo.volvo.se
Thu Jun 8 14:55:43 CEST 1995

--- Inkommet fr}n VD.POL2  031-667632               95-06-08 14:55
  -> IN=disney-comics(a)Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
> ERIK; AND EVERYONE ELSE:

I have searched for the answer to that question (who is HDL's
father) since I was a duckling. And my theory is that he is
Ludwig von Drake. In the cartoon "Donald's Diary" he is looking
up from below a chair when Donald enters Daisy's (or whoever it
is) house. And he looks just the same as Ludwig von Drake, but he
is introduced as the father of HDL. Furthermore I have thought of
HDL and their Junior Woodchuks. They use their "Guidebook" well,
but they also seem to be VERY intelligent themselves. And of
course the children of a very bright scientist have to be bright!
But this could just be coincidence (?). And I think I read some-
where that sir Francis Drake where the original founder of Fort
Duckburg (or something). And everyone who read a lot Barks- (and
Rosa-) stories knows that the Junior Woodchuks used this Fort as
their headquarter. Then maybe sir Francis Drake was one of Ludwig
von Drake's earlier relatives? And that would explain why Ludwig
thought his children would join the Junior Woodchuks, doesn't it?
Maybe not. This is only a theory, but since nobody else know who
HDL's father IS this might be the answer. If anybody has anything
to say against this (OR for it), then do so. Maybe we can found
out the real answer together.
---
Jakob Soderbaum