Disney-comics digest #689.

Gianfranco Goria - Anonima Fumetti - Italian Cartoonists Society goria at inrete.alpcom.it
Sat Jun 10 13:34:15 CEST 1995

>>On the last one published by Walt Disney co. Italy, there is just one story
>>by G.B. Carpi and a LOT of images abou all the she ducks of the Disney
universe.

>	And people buy that stuff?! Italy - The Land Of Easy Money ;)

Heheheheh! You can bet it! Italy is so much "colonized" that people buy
EVERYTHING has some Disney character on it! The Walt Disney company thanks,
and gets the money, that flies directly to Burbank, California, USA.
Meanwhile we, the Italian cartoonists, (like Hugo Pratt, Milo Manara, Sergio
Toppi, Vittorio Giardino, Silvio Cadelo, Lorenzo Mattotti, Luciano Bottaro,
Giorgio Rebuffi and a lot of others) make wonderful stories with our own
characters that are sold only outside Italy (some of them you may even think
are French, cause you can see their books in french)... Or we work for WDco.
for some little money, no copyrights, no original artworks back.
Sure Italy is the land of easy money, but only for USA comics: mostly Disney
and Superheroes. And now also Mangas.
You know, all this reminds to me the situation before the american revolution...
Eheh! ;-)