Disney-comics digest #689.

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat Jun 10 20:40:12 CEST 1995

MIKE:

A few days ago, Mike said to "Daniel2":

> There were lots of pictures and the story-line in the book "Min{
> Roope-Set{" (which is one of those Italian hardcover books
> (originally "Io, Paperone") containing lots of Barks' stories)
> "I, Uncle $crooge"

Then I asked Mike:

> Huh? Was this entire message meant to me? What is it about?

And he answered:

> No, most of it was meant to David, but his name just disappeared :)
> Sorry...

Now I ask: Is this a comment on the lost Scrooge cartoon, or was it
also meant to David? If it's meant to me, then I'd like to know if
your referring to the original Barks-drawings of the cartoon.

>> ["Treasure of Marco Polo" is] about a civil war in Unsteadystan
>> (read: Vietnam) and here are sure a lot of explosions in the story.

> Is it a good adventure then? What does Scrooge has to do in Uns...?

It is a strange adventure, because it takes place in a war. The story
is about Scrooge going to Unsteadystan, because a jade elephant he
ordered, wasn't delivered because of the war there. Scrooge wants to
get that elephant himself.

But I think I would be a "spoiler" when I tell you everything, it's
better that you get to read the story yourself... Tell me if that
isn't possible.

--- Daniel