Daniel and Gianfranco in digest #682.

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Mon Jun 12 13:04:23 CEST 1995

I know the term "digest 682" does not make sense to most of you, but
it is for me the easiest way to respond to a lot of messages (and there
sure have been a lot, last week!).

DANIEL:
> At the end of the seventies we had a couple of very
> good Big Bad Wolf stories here in Holland. Very good drawings and
> very good plots. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of the
> artists. But I'm sure Harry does.

Someday, some of these stories may be published in the USA, as well.
I showed those stories to David Gerstein when he visited me last January.
I know David is working on an
English script for one of them, the "egg"
story.
Most drawings are by Dick Matena, some by Wilbert Plijnaar. Scripts
by Jippes, Matena, Plijnaar, and others.

GIANFRANCO:
> From the *complete* Carl Barks Guide by Franco Fossati.

Hah! Our Disney comics Database is *completer* than that! It is even
"completer" than Michael Barrier's book "Carl Barks and the art of
Walt Disney's Donald Duck", published by M. Lilien in 1981. Parts of
Barrier's bibliography were published before in the fanzine "Funnyworld".

ABOUT "VOODOO HOODOO":
the easiest way to see if a reprint is censored is to look at Bombie's
nose. If it doesn't have a ring in it, you have the censored version.

--Harry.