"Mickey Mystery" stories

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Fri Jun 16 10:43:19 CEST 1995

ARNE:

Maybe I demand too much. I judged the stories as *mystery* stories, and
I expected plots like Agatha Christie's, or at least like in the TV-series
"Murder, she wrote". In stead, the MM plots are very simple, and almost
without surprizes.

I agree on many of your points when I judge the stories as *disney* stories.
They are much better than any Tello story (and most of the later Murry
stories), where the bad are bad, as can be recognised the first time they
appear.

BTW: my criticism wasn't about the drawings; they are above average.

And Minnie is a TV journalist in *all* the MMMystery stories? That explains
what I thought was a plot flaw in one of the stories.

These stories are not humorous, OK. They are meant to be exciting and
"mysterious". For me, the stories in issue #19 are just not interesting
enough for that. If they are all like this, I wouldn't buy them.
Just like I don't buy a comic for its Tello story. And like I'm disappointed
when an episode of "Murder, she wrote" was bad (the quality varies week
by week).

Yes, I certainly demand too much.

--Harry.