Dutch Donald Duck #25

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat Jun 17 19:34:27 CEST 1995

Hi all!

I recieved my new Donald Duck Weekly # 25, yesterday. It contents the
first set of stickers of Don's Family Tree (redrawn here).

In the mailbox there's always a little item, called "Did you know
that...". Now it tells the reader about a statue of Walt Disney and
Mickey in California. We also learn from it that "Steamboat Willie"
is the first cartoon with sound... (yeah) and in *color*! (What?)
What a mistake!

The first story (H8860, 10 pages) is about Donald finding a ancient
vase with the inscription "...ade...onkong" on it. He thinks it says
"Jade from Hongkong". But soon he learns it is "Made in Hongkong!"
Eh... oh! That was a *joke*! (To make it even more boring, the gag is
explained as foot-note, because it's English.) (ZZZZ) It's not the
final gag, but the story was too dull to read IMHO. The art is
not bad.

Then a Bucky Bug-story follows (H94124, 3 pages) and after that a
Chip'an Dale-story (WDC 2, 6 pages). The latter looks restored or
redrawn to me, it's one of those "Chip an' Dale and a girl"-stories.
(ZZZZ)

The fourth story is a Duck-story (D8072, 6 pages). It's about Donald
being years to late with returning books to the library. He tries to
get rid of the books at several locations, but... you guessed it
right: He gets the book back every time. And then he....(ZZZZZ).
I'm sorry, I couldn't stay awake here. ;-)

We also have to miss Don this month: No story in Donald Duck Extra.

Anyone here having sleepless nights, lately? Then I'll gladly send
the comic to you! ;-)

Bye!

--- Daniel

PS. Please don't fire me if the situation occurs that I offend a
story made by someone here on the forum. Mostly I don't know who
made it, and it's just me giving a frankly review of a story.