Disney-comics digest #699.

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Tue Jun 20 10:29:03 CEST 1995

Thanks for your answer, Don! I'll have to check up on those D.U.C.K.s...

>        I didn't know about "luve" being the proper dialect version of
>writing Brown's poem word... but I wouldn't have used it even if I had. One
>scholar in Scotland would have understood what it was, and the entire
>remainder of the readership would have thought it was a spelling error.

Which is a confirmation that you _did_ use that poem, I guess. And you may
be right about not using the dialect, if people wouldn't recognize is as that.

>        And what's this about you thinking the Italians will get the "Lo$"
>in one great compilation? Where did you hear that?

In one quite recent message from one of our italian list members. It was
worded more or less like a fact, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry I deleted the
message and can't remember who it was, but could you (mr. italian) perhaps
repeat and elaborate the issue?

>especially after again returning from Europe where Barks' Ducks are
>universally regarded as the supreme comic, along with ASTERIX and TINTIN.

I would include Spirou, Gaston and Lucky Luke among those, too. And the
Phantom (not the americanized version!) is also quite popular. That is a
comic that has even more prehistory to consider all the time than Lo$ and
the "Rosa Duck universe", because it has been written more or less as a tale
of "real time and facts" for quite many years (was that understandable?).

Knut