Disney-comics digest #655.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun May 7 15:18:00 CEST 1995

MIKE:
        Thanks for all those Finnish ideas. When I actually start doing that
cover, I'll need to rely on the editors or someone like you to help me
choose a Finnish theme. I can't do it alone since this cover is supposed to
seem "Finnish" to someone in Finland, not to ME. Even though I know easy
stuff like where Finland is (that's more than 80% of Americans know about
any country, including America), and I know they have reindeer and seals, I
still don't know all the stuff that would seem most authentically "Finnish"
to someone who lives there IN the culture and society. F'rinstance, the
Finnish legends and folktales which may be known to every person in Finland,
but which we in America (or perhaps even Sweden) have never had reason or
opportunity to have heard of.
        Two things you may not understand -- one is that the contents of
that hardback book has already been picked from
y older stories. There will
be a combination of old 10-page-gag stories and long adventures. But there
will be NO new special story set in Finland. Only the COVER will be Finnish.
        Secondly, you must have missed my announcement on here -- I found
that I WILL NOT be coming to Finland in November as I first thought I might.
Perhaps some other time, but no plans right now.