Lo$ Chapter 10

Peter Coenen IGV039 at ZAM001.ZAM.KFA-JUELICH.DE
Mon May 8 08:30:01 CEST 1995

DON:

Today I read the 10th chapter of Lo$ in the Micky Maus Magazin.
Like the other stories of yours, it is great, but I think you
made one mistake, and thats a rather big one:
The money bin. When you have a look at Bark`s stories, you see
that $crooge first had a big banking house in the city of Duck-
burgh. Although there was also a kind of a money bin inside, it
was just a bank where $crooge was the banker. In the old stories
you often see him sitting in his money-filled office. I think that
this was why he came to Duckburgh: to become a banker. As he was
very successfull, he LATER had to build the Money bin on that hill
near the town, because there was no more space for the money in
the bank. During the years he acquired so many enterprises,
mines, factories and so on that he retired from his job  to
become the same that Michael Eisner is today in the Walt Disney
Company: A kind of a chairman, who overviews all sub-ordered firms.
Thats the reason why you don`t get to see the banking house in the
later stories and only see $crooge on expeditions to find another
way for earning more money or defending his money against criminals.
I don`t know if this theory is totally right, but yours is not very
realistic. Before he built the bin he had eight casks of money- and
when it was complete- he still had eight ones. What do you think
such a giant building costs? And he had no real profession at the
end of the story- so how can he become richer without one? But
that`s really the only mistake I found the art and the gags to be
great, for example the scene when Donalds parents fall in love or
the repaired money cask in the money bin. I can`t wait to read the
9th and the last two chapters!!!!!

Danny Coenen

"You shouldn`t have poured it on so thick, Louie! Something tells
me we`d have been better off washing the dishes!"