Screamin' My Heart Out Fer Yew

9475609@arran.sms.ed.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 9 18:35:20 CEST 1995

      MATTIAS' .sig file reminded me, of course, of the classic story
"The Screaming Cowboy", so since we have a lot more members on the list
than last time I asked, I thought I'd bring this one up again.

      In 1983 or so, Disneyland Records issued an album of Disney cowboy
songs titled _Pardners_.  All the songs were either from films ("A
Cowboy Needs a Horse") or simply produced just for the album ("Cowboy
Goofy"), except one.  That one was somebody's attempt to finish Barks'
DD "Screaming Cowboy" song, beginning with the lines as given in
Mattias' signature but going on to some new ones.
      The record label made the title of the song a little longer,
calling it "Song of the Screaming Cowboy" or something.  My own copy of
the record "went" in a garage sale long before I ever actually read
Barks' story.

      I'm interested in getting an audio tape with _Pardners'_
"complete" version of the song on it -- or at least having someone
transcribe the words.  Can anyone help me?

      David Gerstein
      "Oh!  The crow's caw-caw an' the mule's hee-haw!
      Gosh, what a racket like an old buzz saw!"
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>