Disney-Digest 658

Peter Coenen IGV039 at ZAM001.ZAM.KFA-JUELICH.DE
Thu May 11 08:35:29 CEST 1995

DON:
I`m sorry, but I haven`t read chapter 9 of the Lo$ yet, and I didn`t
expect $crooge to have many banks and industries already when he came
to Fort Duckburgh. After I read what you`ve written, I do now totally
agree with you. It`s clear that Barks didn`t thought of $crooge as the
world`s richest duck when he introduced him in Christmas on Bear Mountain,
but as I am a Donaldist I see Bark`s stories to be in a chronological
order, and so I try to find reasons why $crooge`s money bin hasn`t been
mentioned before 1952. But it`s also clear that it is impossible that
$crooge already had a bin in the 1880s, as he would be something like 90
or 100 years old when he talked about it existing for over 70 years
in the story you mentioned. BTW, in that story from 1952 Donald could
have called the bin to be a NEW one, because that giant safe in his
banking house was already called money bin, but I think  you can
discuss about those things for a lifetime, so let`s stop here.
If it should be true that there will be a DuckTales film basing
on your Lo$ it would be great, but don`t they have to inform you
before considering such projects?
And one more thing: IT`S DANNY, NOT PETER!!!

Danny Coenen

"You should`t have poured it on so thick, Louie! Something tells me
we`d have  have been better off washing the dishes!"