Scrooge Items

9475609@arran.sms.ed.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 23 10:13:34 CEST 1995

      STEVE [describing U$ postcards]
> One shows Scrooge carrying a small tree into a bank while two Beagle
> Boys peek anxiously around the corner.
      This is a scene from "Tree Trick," a short one-page gag by Carl
Barks which appeared around U$ 30 (I don't have the exact issue number
available right now).  Scrooge gets his money past the Beagles by
disguising it as a tree -- a funny gag, marred only by rather poor
drawing of the Beagles on Carl's part (they look about ten years younger
than usual).  Harry, can you give us the issue number?

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>
      "Yessiree!  Quite a feat, that was -- quite a feat!"