Disney-comics digest #671.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Tue May 23 11:50:51 CEST 1995

DON:
	The following article was published in the Editor's page of Aku Ankka
today:
--cut 8<--- (I've always wanted to write that :)

    Many of the readers of Aku Ankka have asked to see the face of the American
Favourite artist Don Rosa. We hereby make true this wish: to the left you see
mister Rosa drawing ducks in the Swedish comics festival last november. The
photo was taken by Klaus Dejler from V}rby.
    Rosa, whose family comes from to Northern Italy, now lives in Kentucky. He
was born 1952. He has the training of an engineer and before he got into comics
he owned a building company his grandfather had founded. Don Rosa begun making
Duck stories 1987 and ever sincehis popularity has risen steadily among the
readers.
    First time Don Rosa was published in Finnish was in issue 1/1990 of Aku
Ankka translated by Markku Saarinen. Most of the Rosa translations are however
made by Jukka Lindfors.
    With some luck all you Rosa fans might have an opportunity to meet your idol
face to face by the end of the year. We are negotiating of a chance of having
Don Rosa to Finland next October. So let's all keep our fingers crossed to make
sure the trip will happen. Welcome to Finland Mr Rosa!
--cut--

	Well, I gotta say you didn't look anything like I thought. I also
thought there was no chance of you coming here any time soon. Well, you'll
always be welcome here.
	You once said you thought Egmont publishers don't put the names of
the artists anywhere to be seen but now there has been some change to that:
Old works of Carl Barks (and one story made by Paul Murray) have the text
"A sample of Carl Barks' (or Paul Murray's) work from the year 19xx". There
hasn't been anything like that on your works but the Editor's corner sometimes
mentions what have been made by you and your style is quite personal.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie