Message from Michael T.

Janet Gilbert jgilbert at efn.org
Thu May 25 04:57:20 CEST 1995

HI!  I wrote and layed out the Plastic Mickey story you asked about.  I
also invented the Red Bat (I'd planned to use the Blot, but for some
reason I was told not to, so I did my version).  Why do you ask about
him?  It's one of my favorite Mickey stories (of the ones I wrote) and
the artist did a fabulous job on it!  Anyway, I hope you're enjoying
translating it (and make sure you do a good job_or else!)  ;-)
                                          ---Michael T. Gilbert

P.S.  Hello to everyone, and thanks to Fabio for the nice words on Mr.
Monster!

TO FABIO FROM JANET:

Thanks for your message!  Since I wrote you, I've found out (from Alberto
Beccatini) that only one of my stories has been published so far in
Italy, even though several of the stories I wrote for Disney Adventures
were drawn by Italian artists.

My one story was a 52 page Donald Duck birthday story that appeared in
most of those special editions last year (I think).  Unfortunately, in
Italy my story was mistakenly credited to Bob Foster!  Arrrgh!

Thanks for your offer.  Maybe we can do some trading soon (Mr. Monster
for Topolino, perhaps?)   :-)