Magica the virus

daniel van eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Fri May 26 13:21:13 CEST 1995

Hi,

I just got the new Dutch Donald Duck Weekly (22) and I think there's
a rather strange story in it. It's a Heijmans-story (H9557, 10 pages)
and it's about computers. The story begins with telling that
everything in Duckburg is controlled by a big computer. Magica tries
to get Scrooge's dime by disguising herself, but Scrooge discovers
that and then he locks her up in his office. Here it comes: Being
locked up, Magica transforms herself into a *diskette* and she
escapes by going into Scrooge's computer!!! Inside Scrooge's computer
she goes to the main computer of Duckburg and sabotages everything in
Duckburg (like a virus), and she won't stop before Scrooge gives her
his beloved dime.

Magica as diskette... What do you think about that? I'm not telling
that this is a bad story, but I think it's at least rather strange.

There is also a second story by Heymans in it, also about computers
(H9516, 4 pages). Donald tries to play the nephews' computer-game and
he ends up playing the hole night through. He has to shoot a monster
with fishes. The morning after that sleepness night he has to work in
a factory where he has to tin/can fishes...

(There is a contest in this Weekly with computers as subject, so
that's the reason why there are two stories about computers in it.)

Daniel