last Saturday's digest #675.

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Mon May 29 13:24:33 CEST 1995

GIANFRANCO/DANIEL II:

There seem to have been a few private discussions between Gianfranco
and Daniel, of which some messages were also sent to the list. Please
be sure who you send your messages to! You might send someone's quote
to people it was not meant for (like "That boring Harry with his grumpy
messages" 8-)

Daniel appears to have written:
> I've read in an old digest that the famous Donald Ault (you can
> read his articles in the CBL)...

And Gianfranco replied:
> What's CBL?

CBL is short for "Carl Barks Library", in particular the 30-part, black and
white books of the complete work of Barks.
BTW: "The famous Donald Ault" is, or has been, a lurking member of this
mailing list.

Gianfranco wrote:
> "La bande dessinee" by Benoit Peeters. [...] it's a french book.

I think it was also translated into Dutch.

DAVID:
>       The copy of [Gladstone's new DDA 33] was special-ordered for me
> by the shop because laws prevent the comic being sold normally on the
> racks in Britain.

What kind of law is this? Does it apply to all (foreign) comics?

DANIEL II, about the most recent Dutch DD weekly:
> There is a contest in this Weekly with computers as subject

And this contest was also drawn (quite good) by Heymans. So this week
we almost had an all-Heymans issue!

--Harry.

Harry Fluks         ()_()                 Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Telecom          (_)                     fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Netherlands                  "Yeah.. I've _heard_ of coral barques"