Mickey Legion Story

MVHaas@aol.com MVHaas at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 05:36:03 CET 1995

I think the Mickey Mouse story Mike Rhode is looking for is "The Lost Legion"
from Walt Disney Comics and Stories 167-169.  That would fit the mid-50s time
span. Art is by Paul Murry, and if memory serves me correctly, that was the
first of the 100 or so consecutive issues that featured a Murry MM serial.
 The early Overstreet Price Guides have a MM serial list that was originally
compiled by John and Tom McGeehan.

Don't know who the Disney artist might be. Murry was living in Lancaster,
Calif. in 1972,  and I think he always lived on the West Coast.

TO DON ROSA:  I'm fairly new to the list so this might have come up before.
Did you read the "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" by Jack Chalker that came
out in the early 80s? (Guessing on the date, my copy surfaced and then has
been misplaced again.)  I should also note that  I'm another  one who eagerly
 read your stuff in RBCC, TCR and other zines before you started doing the
Disney comics.

Best - Merlin Haas

(Hi Dwight Decker and Gary Brown!)