Three new Rosa stories within an hour!

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Tue Nov 7 21:52:09 CET 1995

	Today I had some spare time after school so I went to my local
book-store to see if the "Guardians of the Lost Library and Other Don Rosa's
Best" had arrived yet. And it had! First there was an article about Don Rosa.
And the list was mentioned (with the REQUEST in the address!), thanks to Mikko
Aittola. The article also said that William Van Horn was on the list. Is this
true?!-o
	Anyways, The Guardians of the Lost Library was great! One of Rosa's
best, but not _the_ best however. Great adventure and an ending to make you
FOTFLetc. Each story followed a short article written by Don Rosa himself. I
would translate the articles here, but it would make little sence since he can
do that by himself when he gets back. Also The War of the Wendigo was published
here, but sadly it had the splash panels as if it were a continuing story. Or
maybe Rosa never did do the extra art since they won't print it in USA. Dunno.
The second Rosa story I hadn't read was Return to Xanadu. A truely marvellous
story as well. But Lost Charts of Columbus which was published in the Finnish
Aku Ankka (=Donald Duck weekly) was a bit of a disappointment. Perhaps, because
it was so much like TGotLL, but I liked it not. It was almost like Rosa had made
only half a story for this one. Well, perhaps I just had too much Rosa for one
day and totally lost my ability to judge his stories.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie