Schoder

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Thu Nov 9 14:02:03 CET 1995

GEIR N.:
> By the way, who is Schroder?

There are several Schroders (o with umlaut) related to Disney comics,
but in this case Daniel meant the German Ulrich Schroder.
He inked a few covers for Holland, from Barks sketches:

Dutch DD:
84-36      DD Toy deer
85-13      US Warms bed with hot gold
86-31      DD Kids at bat
92-44      DD Nephews in hammocks

The last (hammocks) one was done for the German fanzine Der Hamburger
Donaldist. I don't know if these covers were reprinted in Scandinavia.
One of them was reprinted in the Carl Barks Library.

Schroder inked another Barks sketch, about the nephews cutting cheese with
a harp. This seems to have been published as a cover on one of the Danish
pockets. (If anyone has an extra copy of that: I'm interested!)

The final thing we know about Ulrich, is that he inked the daily newspaper gag
of Sep. 7, 1986 ("Yucca Flats", reprinted in Disney's DD Adventures 26).
But did they credit the right Schroder here?

--Harry.

Harry Fluks         ()_()                 Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Telecom          (_)                     fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Netherlands                  "Yeah.. I've _heard_ of coral barques"