Disney-comics digest #1.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Mon Nov 13 15:15:02 CET 1995

MIKKO:
>    BTW, Mike, Did they actually print my name on the book? Feels stupid...

	Yap. I got the impression that you were a good friend of the writer.

JYRKI:
	Welcome to the list!

ALL:
	At long last did Don Rosa visit Finland! He spent here five days and
should be on his way home about now. I met him on Saturday and Sunday and he
drew me a great big Yukon Scrooge with "a hellish expression: eyes gleeming
red with fire, showing his teeth" and broken furniture behind him. I asked him
if he had been to sauna (which is a Finnish invention) yet and he said he hadn't
'cause he only liked cool places. I can only guess that meaning him returning to
Finland soon...
	The very first time I met him on Saturday was when he was giving
signatures and there was this looong line in waiting to get one. Everybody had
their name on a yellow piece of paper on the book so's he could dedicate the
book. When my turn came, he looked at the paper and said in amused tone: "Mike."
And I replied: "That's right. The Finnish Trekkie." So he looked up and said:
"You're Mike The Finnish Trekkie? Nice to meet you." And we talked and I gave
him some Finnish comics and a Scrooge piggy bank which the Fins can get for
free from a bank. He told me it could be sold at the price of 50$ in USA. We
chatted quite a lot and he got really mad when I told him that "Of Ducks and
Dimes and Destinies" was translated "The Tale of the Lucky Dime". Because that
is not what the coin is. It's the First one, yes, but Lucky? No.
	Btw, does anybody know what Salmiakki is?

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie