Lost Charts of Columbus

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Wed Nov 15 05:28:47 CET 1995

	ERIK:
	I received your package today. Thank you very much for it. It
contained the Norwegian version of Don's "Lost Charts of Columbus". It would
take *months*, before I'd be able to read it in Dutch or English. It's
amazing to see how 'easy' it is to read a Disney comic with Norwegian
dialogues. It's great to see Don's LCoC that quickly! :-)

	LCoC was great. It's another one of Don's masterpieces. It
contains links to both stories by Carl Barks and Don's own "Lost Library of
Alexendria". I *love* sequels. "Return to Plain Awfull", "War of the
Wendigo", "Lost Charts of Columbus". They were all superb. I liked LCoC
a lot! I'm looking forward to see more of Don's stories like Lo$#12, TIST,
the Universal Solvent and 'Knighttime' story!

	GEIR:
	Thanks for all the Mickey Mouse-appearances in Don's stories, Geir.
I've even found them in LCoC. They were very easy to find.

	ALL:
	I liked the Norwegian Donald Duck & Co. There're no advertisements
at ALL. That surprised me. There isn't much editorial stuff to read either.
The only text that's in the comic, is the text on the first page, and it's
about Don Rosa. I had never seen a reference to a Disney comic-artist in a
European Disney comic before. (only in Greek comics). I'm used to the Dutch
comics, in which they would never talk about someone like Don Rosa. That's
why I was so amazed to see the piece of text about Don. They even showed how
Don used references to Barks' and his own stories, in making LCoC.

	As I (or Daniel or Harry) have said before, the Dutch publishers
just don't like Don. This month they printed the following line on the
last page of Donald Duck Extra #11:

	"NEXT MONTH: FINALLY, THE LAST CHAPTER OF LIFE OF SCROOGE."
		     ^^^^^^^
	That can be interpreted in two ways. The first is the positive
one, in which they meant that everyone is eagerly awaiting to see how the
Lo$-series ends. The second one is the negative interpretation, which I
think is more obvious regarding the way in which the Dutch publishers
think about Rosa: the fact that they're finally released of the so called
'bad' art in Don's Life of Scrooge-series.

	The comic that contains LCoC, "Hakkespett Ekstra 10", also
contained Don's "Metaphorically Spanking", which only appaired in the
American WDC#531 and never in a Dutch comic. I had never seen that story
before, because I don't have WDC#531. The story is nice, but because of the
Norwegian  dialogues, I didn't understand it very well. Why is Donald chasing
HD&L? I don't get it! Can someone explain the storyline for me a little? :-)

Bye!
     ___
C:¥>aR|HUr