Jyrki Vainio spycke at freenet.hut.fi
Fri Nov 17 19:18:39 CET 1995

DON:

Thanks for correcting me about your signature on the MM drawing.
Though I sat in the front row during your "lecture" I wasn't able
to see more than that you were writing *something* on your
drawing. You also turned new sheet so quickly that I couldn't see
your writing even then. Later on I heard two people talking about
your drawing and the other one said: "..and then he wrote on it
'I hate Mickey mouse'". Well, I guess we can all learn here how
easily information can be misinterpreted - the message changes
quite thoroughly when just two essential word are left out:
"DO NOT"... So now I must apologize for I've trusted people's
gossip. "Hearsay!" as Perry Mason would say.

MIKE:

I guess you undrstood me a bit wrong: you said that you didn't
agree that most Finnish comic books use typed lettering. Now, I
first intented to say "Finnish comics" but then I started to
think just the same publications that you mentioned. So... I
used the word COMIC BOOKS and that - at least that's how I
understand it - don't include albums, paperbacks and such. And I
think that you also agree that, really, most Finnish comic BOOKS
use typed captions.

					--- Jyrki Vainio ---