Spicy drucks

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat Nov 18 15:31:08 CET 1995

ALL:

Yesterday a friend was telling me a strange tale about nutmeg. He told
me that nutmeg can have a sortlike effect as drugs when you take a
certain portion of it.

I laughed after hearing this story, but then I remembered Barks' story
"A Spicy Tale" (US 39) where Scrooge McDuck drinks nutmeg-tea. He's
clearly being shown addicted to it when he hears that the suppliers
stopped sending the "special nutmegs".

So, is there something special with nutmeg or is this all coincidence?
The friend told he read about nutmeg-as-drugs in the paper lately, is he
making a fool out of me?

*If* the story is true, does this mean that Barks' "A Spicy Tale" may
get banned?

Greetings,

--- Daniel

          "My rare *wild nutmegs* from the upper Amazon!
                    I've *got to* have them!"