Bla bla bla ...

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Fri Nov 24 06:27:47 CET 1995

	DON:
	I've much enjoyed the report you gave of your trip. It was
very interesting. :)

	I was pleased to read the following in USA#36: "... we are planning
to produce collections of both Don Rosa's and  William Van Horn's duck work
in 1996."  And this in DD#294:  "You'll be pleased to learn that we plan to
collect  Don Rosa's  'Life and Times'  series into a set of four albums. We
plan to publish them monthly beginning April, 1996." That's great.
	I'll look forward to all of it!

	I liked your cover of WDG#3. It's a pity the original one didn't
make it though.

	AUGIE:
	Thank  you very much for the photocopies of the two Comics Buyer's
Guides containing  the  interview  with Don Rosa and William Van Horn, and
the article about Barks.  I liked it a lot. Both the interview and the ar-
ticle  were  interesting.  I  had  never  seen a photo of Van Horn. Always
interesting  to  know  what  someone looks like! ;) I had seen Don's photo
once (except for the beard).
	In the interview,  I  read that Don is working on a 12-part series
called "Life of Scrooge". Did anyone know about that? ;)

	It  seems  like  USA#36 is all devoted to Dutch stories.  I always
like it, to see Dutch stories in American issues.  Again, the Duncan-story
was perfectly translated by Dwight.  His  translations  are always exactly
the same  as the original dialogues.  I noticed in Mau Heymans' Gyro Gear-
loose-story,  that Gyro is calling Scrooge  "Scrooge McDuck", while in the
Dutch version  he  calls  him  "Uncle Scrooge".  Funny. It looks like Gyro
always calls him "Uncle Scrooge" in Dutch Disney comics.  Pretty weird. Do
they think Scrooge is Gyro's uncle ?!?

Greetings,
     ___
C:¥>aR|HUr