USA 36

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Mon Nov 27 22:32:11 CET 1995

	DWIGHT:
	USA 36 just made it to Williamstown (where there's no direct
market) today.  Just thought I'd compliment you on a VERY good job!
While I found last issue's story ("The Temple Treasure of Khaos")
rather formulaic -- a very simple mix of heroes, villains, treasure,
and natural disaster -- "The Diamond of Duncan McDuck" was
fundamentally much better and more original, so I'm guessing it just
got you more fired-up to do your best translating work.
	The backup story was enjoyable as well.  In fact, I'd say that
this issue contained the best translations I've read from you, Dwight.
They're your own "Lost in the Andes" -- not that everything else
you've done wasn't good, but that these hit a special plateau.
	Of course, I never have any problems with the art of Ben
Verhagen or Mau Heymans.

	Let's see how you like Fabio's and my work next issue.  I
liked "Colossus of the Nile" more than "The Lentils from Babylon," but
it'll be up to you to see if you think that, as with your work, the
better story brought out the better dialogue.  (Fabio sure held up HIS
end of the deal!  You there, Fabio?)

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Depart this place at once, or suffer the wrath of the
Werewolf of Oldwick!"
	"You'll be looking for somebody to patch up your bedsheet if
you aren't out of here in three seconds, Fido!  One... two..."
	"Don't shoot!  I'm going!"