David & Frank

KERSTIN S.DERBAUM vd.pol2 at memo.volvo.se
Tue Nov 28 19:00:39 CET 1995

--- Inkommet fr}n VD.POL2  031-667632               95-11-28 18:59
  -> IN=disney-comics(a)Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Hiya!
I'm back once more with some answers...

DAVID:

   > TODD:

Er.. I think you mean me here...

   > "Ludwig isn't a Barks-character either, is he? So why would [Don]
   > include Ludwig but not Fethry [in the Family Tree]?"
   > Barks did use Ludwig once in a one-page U$ gag, which validates his
   > existence in the Barks universe.

I see. But Fethry was *never* used by Barks (or was he?). And *he* is
included in the Tree. Is that the reason why Don think he *goofed* when
he included Fethry in the Tree?

FRANK:

   > To Jacob:

Er.. it's not Jacob Sparre-Andersen you mean here. It's me, Jakob
Soederbaum. And I write my name as "Jack Soederbaum" because of the
existence of *another* Ja(k/c)ob here. Just to avoid confusion...

   > much as I am in favour of research an philological comparison on
   > Disney comics characters, I think that trying to prove that Ludwig is
   > HDL's father is a bit far-fetched.

Why? Er.. I mean: Maybe. (I promised to not bother you anymore with my
researches on that topic).

   > Because it is you who propose this,

Is *that* the reason?! My *dear* friend I.. (whoops!)

   > the correct scientific behaviour would be, I think, for you to
   > present irrefutable evidence that LvD was introduced as HDL's father,
   > preferably by LVD's original original creator

Well, he was. But I don't know who created Ludwig von Drake. I know Strobl
created the Duck *Ludwig von Drake*, but I don't know who created him in
that cartoon, "Donald's Diary". Gosh! Now I said *too much* again...

   > From a more general perspective, my view is that we should not try to
   > explain everything at all costs; or, in other words, to find a
   > "mathematical closure" of the world of the Disney characters.

No, but a question is made to be answered. I tried to answer Erik
Pettersson's question about who might be HDL's father from a few months
ago. But maybe you weren't subscribed then.
---

Jakob Soederbaum
                "I have only one soda left, senor...  But I think
                 it has been FLAT since the Great War!
                 Ever since World War TWO?!
                 CARAMBA! There was ANOTHER one?