Charity / Death of Scrooge McDuck

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat Oct 14 03:15:43 CET 1995

WES:

> I've enjoyed reading WDC&S #600.  All but one of the stories were
> new to me so I feel like I'm catching up on what I've missed.  I'd
> read the Jippes story ("The Do-Gooders League") before, and I like
> it a lot.

Me too! I think that this story is one of the best ten-pagers ever
made. It was published here in Holland in the 25th anniversary issue
of the Dutch weekly (which had 80 pages instead of 30), back in 1977.

Wasn't this story already published in the USA recently?

ALL:

I just read another Dutch story of which I think it's very good, at
least very original. In this 23-pager (H8296) Donald and Gladstone
inherit Scrooge's fortune, because Scrooge *died* in the Himalaya by a
plane-crash (although the reader knows better in the 3rd page).

There's a beautiful scene at the beginning of the story where Donald
hears about Scrooge's death and tells the nephews about it.

In this story there are also the barristers of Barks' 8-pager
"Hierloom Watch" (US 10).

Is this story ever published in the USA (or somewhere else)?

Greetings,

--- Daniel