Computer lettering / CBL

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat Oct 14 07:26:46 CET 1995

ARTHUR:

> Can someone tell me a couple of Disney-stories that were done by a
> computer, the way Todd described? Or aren't there any?

Well, Arthur, you don't have to look for that in faraway countries.
Harry told me that they already do that here in Holland.

They do it very well IMHO, because I didn't see it untill Harry
mentioned it. They use a little trick for it, because every time two
same letters appear next to each other, the second one is a bit
different. (For example: aa, ee, oo.)

DAVID:

> I didn't make it clear in the most recent Digest, that I only
> SUSPECT that "political incorrectness" is why Disney didn't let
> Gladstone keep printing the CBL.

I always thought that the CBL was a limited edition of 5000 copies,
this is what I read in a Dutch book entirely about Barks. (This was
the book which made me aware of Barks and his work.)

Greetings,

--- Daniel