Gladstone Defined

John Garvin jgarvin at efn.org
Wed Oct 18 23:53:59 CET 1995

Actually, Gladstone is the name of a small town in Oregon, just outside
of Portland.  I'm sure Carl had travelled through it many times before he
came up with the name of the character.  (There was a period in his life,
just after he got divorced I think, when he practically lived in his
car.  Many of his stories from that period were written and drawn on the
road in small towns like Gladstone.)

jg