Disney-comics digest #775.

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at cats.nbi.dk
Thu Sep 7 11:30:26 CEST 1995

Frank:

> About the incompetent unsubscribers:
>
> I basically agree with Fredrik's proposal.

Me too!

> End of boring administrivia, back to comics.

> I went back to Italy on holiday recently, travelling by plane to
> Belgium and by car to Italy, going through Luxembourg, Germany,
> Switzerland and Austria. In the German-speaking countries, at highway
> petrol stations and the like, I saw many booklets by the title of
> (where's that bit of paper? I don't read German myself...) LUSTIGES
> TASCHENBUCH. ("taschenbuch" must obviously be something like
> "pocket-sized book", I await enlightenment on the "lustiges").  Well,
> for the most part these seemed to be EXACT reprints of the Italian
> "Classici di Walt Disney" (CWD), a glorious series that started in
> 1957. So I thought that maybe some of you would enjoy some more
> information on that.

With my horrible (but usually working) German and my limited English, I
translate "Lustiges Taschenbuch" to "Funny Pocketbook".

Your description of the CWDs fits with the Danish "Jumboboger". The joining
of seperate stories is truly horrible (imho).

I've just picked up no. 170 this morning. How far is the Italian publication?

Jacob Sparre Andersen.
--
Have you played with your LEGO today?