Lo$ 11

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Thu Sep 7 13:32:16 CEST 1995

DON:
> WHY would the Dutch use the wrong version of the story?!
> The only reason could be that they used the
> version that was already colored by Egmont.

Yes, that must be the reason. They don't do ANY colouring of interior pages
of the "DD Extra" comic. I told the Dutch editor a while ago that there were
TWO versions of every long Rosa story.

> The American version of chapter XI, with my annotations as to ALL
> the Barks references, should be out in a very short time! Maybe one week.
> You need to post your quiz soon.

I posted it in a Dutch mailing list about comics, and people should send in
before October 1st. I hope the Gladstone comic will not be available
before that! (Erik, Daniel, Art, if you're reading this: don't cheat, OK? 8-)

> Why not use "The Gilded Man"?

To me it looked a bit forced to have references to Barks stories that did not
even involve Scrooge (so a reference was not necessary).

> I was desparate to find HUMOR to put into that disjointed tale!

It was already amazing that you made a coherent story (with a 'message')
out of so may loose facts!

--Harry.

BTW: it seems the messages ABOUT unsubscribers now outnumber the unsubscribe
messages themselves...