CWD & Jumboboeger

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Thu Sep 7 14:17:03 CEST 1995

Hello again!

>With my horrible (but usually working) German and my limited English, I
>translate "Lustiges Taschenbuch" to "Funny Pocketbook".

Quite correct ("funny" here is not in the sense of "weird", but simply
"amusing, humorous")! I think... Any real german care to correct?

>Your description of the CWDs fits with the Danish "Jumboboger". The joining
>of seperate stories is truly horrible (imho).

In Norway these are the "Donald Duck Pocketbok" and we are also around #170
now. I guess the danish and norwegian titles probably match eachother. But I
also have some rather old (around 1970-73) copies of "Lustiges Taschenbuch".
They have some stories that I've never seen published in Norway (mostly
italian, I think). So I'm kind of wondering what the connection is. I'm
still planning to get around to get the DD&Co. stories into the comics
database, but I realize it won't happen before xmas, because of a tight
schedule.

In Norway (as previously mentioned) we also had a "Mammutbok" #1 recently.
Same kind of stories as in DD&Co., only twice the size (in pages).

Knut Hunstad