Lo$ 11

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Thu Sep 7 00:30:25 CEST 1995

HARRY & DON:

About the different versions:
-----------------------------

D: WHY would the Dutch use the wrong version of the story?! The
D: only reason could be that they used the version that was
D: already colored by Egmont.

H: Yes, that must be the reason. They don't do ANY colouring of
H: interior pages of the "DD Extra" comic. I told the Dutch editor a
H: while ago that there were TWO versions of every long Rosa story.

Well, it doesn't bother me that the "wrong" version is published here.
This way I get both versions of the stories, because I also collect
the Rosa-Gladstones.

LoS 11 itself:
--------------

I really liked the story. But I'm really wondering how this story
could get past Disney's censor-staff, will this story really appear
un-butchered in the USA?

Again it's amazing to see how you (Don) connected all those little
facts into a story that remains enjoyable to read.

The end of the story raised a question to me. Maybe I'm asking
for a spoiler, but was this the last time that Scrooge saw his
family? If so, do you intend them all to be death in the 1954-period?

Harry, could it be that Don drew mills from lots of centuries ago?

Greetings,

--- Daniel