Birthdays

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Sat Sep 9 02:20:32 CEST 1995

PETER:

> I am looking for birthdays for the Disney characters. I know that are no
> real evidence for a specific birthday for some of our friends. I know that
> we celebrated Donald Duck last year, 9 of June, and I also know that some
> people regard 13 of Mars as the actual birthdays. I guess that the
> definition of birthdays should be the date a character debuted as artist in
> a strip, movie, frame, mag or book.

Of which characters do you want to have the birthdays? I can help you
with a list of first appearances of Barks-characters. In this case
you can choose between two "birthdays":

1.  The date on which Barks sent his material to the editor.
2.  The date on which the material was actually published.

> Yes! I have asked this question once before, but with no reply.

I remember a reply in which was asked what you actually meant with
"birthdays". For example: Scrooge was born in 1947, but in the
Duckburg universe he must have been born a long time before that,
because he was already an old man by then.

PS. I think it's better that you send your question about the digest-
mode to "disney-comics-request at minsk.docs.uu.se".

Greetings,

--- Daniel