digests 776-781

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Sep 12 13:31:58 CEST 1995

FRANK:

> The longer stories were normally published in two or three weekly
> installments in Topolino; when reprinted in the CWDs, the editor
> consistently removed the opening page from the 2nd and subsequent
> installments, butchered the last few panels of the 1st to n-1th
> installments and stitched the lot together with some Perego junk... Arghhh!

Yes, I have seen two examples of this. But it looks like they only remove
panels that are almost exactly repeated in the 2nd part.

> By the way, congratulations for knowing Perego's name

I only learned his name from reading this mailing list! (I certainly
learned a lot since August, 1992, when this list started!)
And Perego is probably the Italian artist with the most recognisable
style.

> Marco Rota is "the best Disney Duck artist of all right now"
> -- what does the "right now" refer to?

Marco Rota indeed started writing and drawing stories for Egmont in
Denmark in 1992. His first Egmont story had a little statue of the mermaid
of Copenhagen on the first panel. We know of about 12 stories he did
so far, varying from 8 to 16 pages.
And Rota is also doing covers for "The Best of Lustige Taschenbuecher"
(for Egmont, apparently). These pocket books reprint a selection of
stories from the earliest German pocket books. Why would they start
such a reprint series if all original pocket books are still available?

> Who is "Ferolli"?

Ferioli is a Spanish artist, working for Egmont in Denmark.

Hm... like I need to read more Italian material, you could read more Danish
and Dutch stuff... 8-)

--Harry.